Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ed Elric: Hand (again)

FIXED! :D

There isn't much more I need to say about that. After feeling rather down about pretty much busting the finger joints and hot glue studs, I went to sleep. When I woke up, I had a brilliant idea on how to salvage the project without having to remake everything. I fished the the studs and finger joints out of the trash and got to work.

First, I cut the polystyrene tabs from off of the studs, since one of the tabs had snapped when I broke things and the other tabs were in pretty sorry shape. I then hot glued the studs directly to the top hand plate, leaving about half of each stud sticking out beyond the edge of the plate. Then, I removed what elastic was still stuck to the broken finger joints and measured off new elastic. Instead of forming the joints first like the tutorial suggested, I found it easier to glue the elastic down first and then form the finger joints. This also allowed me to get the spacing more exact between each joint. The elastic was then hot glued to the inside of the top hand plate.

So now I can say with great pleasure, "The hand is done!" Now, on to the forearm.

No comments:

Post a Comment