Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ed Elric: Hand Plates


Not bad for a day's work, if I do say so myself. There are things I could be happier with, but all in all, I'm satisfied. I'm mostly disappointed in the small "screws" I made on the top of the hand. Those studs and screws, by the way, are made of hot glue. I stuck my thumb in one of them while it was still warm, so it's a bit warped. I was mad about that, but it was still less frustrating than trying to sew those finger joints. So, now I just have to figure out how to attach all the hand pieces together without sewing. Yeah, the tutorial I'm using says to sew it all together. For the sake of my sanity, no. There is no good that can come of me trying to force a needle through several layers of polystyrene, hot glue, vinyl, and craft foam. Not gonna happen. I will admit... this came out reasonably well, and I'm horribly afraid that anything I do to it at this point might mess it up. Oh well, onward and upward. To dorkdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment