Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Project Tinkadin: Restart

So, after much thinking about how to make armor for Tinkerbell, I came to the conclusion that the Tinkerbell I had was too small. What this means is that I've restarted this project. I have a much clearer vision for how this is going to work. Plus, the doll I bought already had boots so... SCORE! for not having to figure out how to turn Tink's pixie shoes into boots.

As far as the armor goes, I decided to go with a lamellar style armor. It seems the easiest way to get my doll geared up, as this is my first go with anything like this.

Here is the new list of materials I'm using for this project:
1 Tinkerbell: The Secret of the Wings doll
Acrylic paint in Leaf Green and Pure Gold
Green construction paper or card stock
Thin twine
Needle
Velcro
Shield from the old Tinkadin project.
Something to use for a sword or other weapon*
Something to use for head gear*

*If you have suggestions for these things, I will happily take them. Just leave your suggestion in the comments.

Here are some before and after pics of Tinkerbell's boots. They have been painted with the acrylics mentioned above.

This is what the boots looked like when they came with the doll.
 
 
This is what they looked like after I painted them

I think they came out looking pretty good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment