Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ed Elric: Hand

Well, technically, the hand is done. But, only technically. The finger plates busted as I was taking the hand off after taking this picture. The studs up by the fingers also broke. So, it looks like I'll be building both over again. I'm not terribly happy about that, but at least it gives me a chance to not have hot glue smeared all over the outside of the fingers. Plus, I'll be able to space the joints better on the elastic. Yes, the finger plates are glued to elastic to allow flexibility. Also so that I don't get the pieces mixed up since many of them are about the same size. Oh, well. It looked okay while it lasted. At least the hand plates look all right, even if they are a little big on me. I can always pad them later with left over foam. All in all, tonight was a battle with the project. The hot glue gun and I were not on friendly terms. Such it is. If the only thing I have to redo are some studs and the finger plates, I don't think I'm too bad off.

No comments:

Post a Comment